Google+

Saturday, December 21, 2013

XMAS - And now the Secret Santa to me has arrived!

So this is what spurred me on to do the delayed draft over this busy period. As Tmara and I were leaving the house today, there was a small Barnes & Noble parcel on our front doorstep. This was odd for us since it is a Saturday today!

For my last few days, this parcel was a much needed smile on my face!

I have a parcel coming with a present for Tmara and I (one we know of, Firefly the Board Game & Shattered Timelines expansion to Sentinels of the Multiverse) and after a round trip of the city and back to the main depot AND then now it being on the courier here in Mount Gambier, it wasn't delivered at all yesterday. No idea why. I could only guess they had so much to do that it wasn't gotten to and will arrive Monday. It didn't stop me though looking out the window today hoping it would arrive.

Instead, this arrived!


This was a present out of left field. It completely blew me away. This is a game we watched on youtube on Tabletop (Geek&Sundry) and I loved the idea of it BUT I never added it to a wishlist here on this blog or on BoardGameGeek as I forgot to. So to see it end up at our doorstep was a.. well.. pleasant isn't the right word. It just blew me away and turned my frown upside down!

Forbidden Island from what we saw reminded me of Pandemic in nature where you need to do as much as you can before the game defeats you, almost like a puzzle, but with Forbidden Island it is the fact there is no 'cure' like Pandemic and instead you are trying to get off the island before it sinks. We're now home alone as the 14 year old just went to his dad's in Tasmania for Christmas and the next 2 weeks, we're looking forward to breaking this out asap to learn it before he returns :D

Now, with all that blathering over and done with, comes the other reason I laughed out loud in the car when I opened the parcel: the subject of who my Secret Santa was!

My secret santa was none other than Ranni Moonbeam/Teresa Tuggle! The same one I had! As Stephanie Morrow mentioned in email to me before, she couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that we both had randomly become each other's secret santas! 

Ah the fun of how the dice fall :D

Many thanks again to Stephanie/Stargrace and Teresa/Ranni! You both made my Xmas and I am glad I did the same for Teresa. Time to prepare for next year :D